This is a very good ink jet printer which can fit different scenarios. You can use it in an office to print large reports, due to its above average page per minute rate in black text printing. On the other hand, the quality of the photos printed allows to be used if you are a graphic designer for example and need to do this type of work. It is very quiet so it can be used in places where there must be very little noise because of the nature of work done.
The Epson Stylus C88+ can also be used for sublimation , that is, using heat to transfer dye onto materials such as a plastic, card, paper, or fabric. I have read many reviews of people that are using this printer to create a t-shirt business.
- This printer prints over 23 pages per minute. This speed is a bit above average so it is perfect for an office needing to print a lot. For example if you need to print 2000 page reports frequently, this printer will do it in less than one and a half hour. The same reports , in an average printer with 17 ppm, you would have to wait almost two hours. In certain situations that would made a difference.
- The Epson C88+ prints photos (also borderfree) in different sizes, almost all the popular ones such as 4x6, 5x7, 8x10 and 8.5x11). It has a resolution up to 5760 x 1440 dpi which prints photos with great quality and fine detail. If you need the printer to do a lot of photo printing, the quality of them are great for most of the jobs.
- This printer has a very compact size and is very quiet. This allows to store it easily for example if you don't want other people to use it while you are not in the office. In addition, it is easy to move it from one place to another. The benefit of having a quiet printer is very clear, specially if it is heavily used, a noisy printer can be difficult to bear with.
- It uses individual ink cartridges , so you can replace a single color when it is empty. Different colors are usually used in the same quantity so a printer like this which has individual cartridges results in money saving.
- The Epson C88+ has a 120 sheet input tray which is considered a high capacity tray. This allows to print large reports without needing human intervention. If you usually need to print one hundred page reports, you can send it to the printer and forget but if you have a standard , medium capacity tray you will need to change sheets very often, instead of using that time for more productive things.
Another feature of this printer, you can get a professional installation for a small fee.
Product PerformanceThe Epson C88+ printer performs very well if used for the tasks it is prepared to do. I like the speed of the black printing, as I have to print lot of reports for my job. In addition, the quality of the photos printed exceed my expectations, but I don't do professional photo printing.
I would like to be able to print on bigger paper sizes and wish it didn't consume so much ink, but the latter is a problem many inkjet printers have.
DimensionsThe dimension of this printer is 18.1 x 9.5 x 7.6 inches. It weights 10.1 pounds.
- It is quiet
- Really good photo quality if using good paper and genuine ink
- Easy to install
- Good for sublimation printing
- Epson Durabrite ink is waterproof
- it does not have WIFI , you have to use it wired. But it does not come with no cord.
- It has a heavy use of ink
- It does not have a copy function
PriceFor the price it is a very good printer. It does very well its job either printing reports or photos.
Epson Stylus C88 Color Inkjet Printer RatingThe Epson C88+ Inkjet Printer is a good buy for the price it is offered. It is very good for quick black printing and the quality of color photos it prints does not have to envy anything to more expensive printers. That said, it will not print the same quality photos as a specialized photo printer. If that is your primary need , it would be better look for another option.
The main limitation I find with this printer is that it can't print on papers bigger than 8.50 x 10.98 inch. If you need to print on bigger papers, this is not the printer for you.
But if you need a compact printer with features like the ones described and you need it for scenarios like the one described , you will not be dissapointed.