Trying to find a good citrus juicer, I found that the Cuisinart CCJ 500 had most of great ratings so after reading hundreds of reviews and doing additional research I came up with this review of the Cuisinart CCJ 500 Pulp Control Citrus Juicer. Does this juicer meets the specifications and is it worth buying? Read on and you will find out.
With this juicer you can make juice from lemons to grapefruits because it has an universal cone that accomodates fruit sizes in that range. You can make juice with different levels of pulp, something that is very important at least in my family because I like juice with a lot of pulp and my kids the opposite.
On the other hand, it is easy to get the precise amount of juice needed for different recipes, a great difference you will note if you are used to manual juicers. I am a big fan of orange juice and would use it to drink a glass of it every morning.
- It has a pulp management feature. This is great if it is used by different members of a family with different preferences on how much pulp they want in the juice. With only one twist, you can change from one setting to the other.
- Another important and unique feature is the final-spin. It allows to take all the remaining juice from the pulp which in other case would remain on it and be wasted.
- It has a stainless steel body which is almost a guarantee that it will last long and it looks very good in any kitchen decoration.
- It is very easy to clean, you just need to rinse the three removable parts when the juice extracting is over. Some juicers are very good in doing their job but they are very difficult to clean or it takes too much time to do it. With this juicer you will save a lot of time.
- It has a nice watertight spout that holds the juice without spilling a drop until you are ready to dispense. This is a great feature to keep your kitchen clean and only think of cleaning the juicer after using it instead of having to clean a mess in the kitchen.
It is an excellent juicer that performs much better than what one would think about such a cheap juicer. As a great number of previous customers, what I love about this juicer are the two distinctive features it has, the pulp management and specially the final spin feature, so almost no juice is wasted. There are no serious things I don’t like about it , perhaps it is a bit loud but nothing too important.
The dimensions of this juicer are 7.88 x 6.75 x 12.25 inches. It weights 4 lbs.
- Unique “final-spin” feature
- Stainless steel body
- Easy to clean
- A bit loud
- Must use a small glass
- Motor speed is a bit low
It is a very cheap product, it is a very good deal for an automatic juicer.
Cuisinart CCJ 500 Pulp Control Citrus Juicer Rating
The Cuisinart CCJ-500 Pulp Control Citrus Juicer meets all the expectations. It performs as it is supposed and has very interesting features to help you prepare great juices. However , if you like or need to use tall glasses this may not be the best option. In addition, it is not the faster juicer, so if speed is important, you should find another one.
However, taking into account the pros and cons, I would recommend buying this juicer.